Demand-side industries are primarily IT organizations or other organizations that consume IT products and services. These organizations aim at providing their business counterparts with the most effective and high-impact IT services. Their goal is to create an IT infrastructure that is resilient to the changing business landscape, and provide a competitive advantage. Since IT is traditionally perceived as a cost-reducing entity, the focus is primarily to automate business processes. However, IT is also a powerful tool to change the “rules of the game” and help create and explore the combination of new markets and products.
- Return on Invested IT Capital (ROIC)
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Drive Total Enterprise Value using IT (TEV)
- Higher cost/revenue transparency of IT investments
- Rule changing IT investments